Following up on the previous list of apps designed for carers, here are some more handy apps to help carers in their everyday job.
- Elder 411 and Elder 911 (free): both apps are made for looking after an elderly person. Elder 911 gives you various checklists to manage en emergency situation based on the initial information submitted about a senior person. Elder 411 contains more general information about tips for caregiving.
- Pocket First Aid & CPR: this app is made to create medical profiles and help in case of cardiac episode or choke.
- Falling: very useful app for those wanting to be alerted by email or text message when a caring person falls.
- WebMD Mobile (free): by entering pill ID it helps to search for certain medications. A symptom checker provides a search for different medical conditions. The app is an extension of WebMD.com.
- iPharmacy Pro (free): a comprehensive guide to prescription medications.
- RX Personal Caregiver: medication list, dose alerts, detailed history and more in one app. Free for one profile.
- iBiomed (free): an app that keeps track of a person’s medical information, e.g. medication and tests taken, special diets, etc.
- Pain Care (free): as its title suggests, this app is designed to keep track and manage pain using a pain journal.
- Balance (for Alzheimer’s): an app that was created by the National Alzheimer Center to help those caring for a senior with Alzheimer’s.
- Stress Stopper Pro: an app to help a carer release stress with breathing exercises and strategies.
- Magic Window: consists of a package with landscape scenes and has a function of time-lapse photography to simulate time passing. All this can be very useful when waiting indoors.
All in one
- CareZone (free): this app has many features from creating profiles to sharing information with relatives to file storage and journals.
- Caring Ties (free): designed as a web based app only which means it cannot be downloaded, yet it is perfect for those using a PC or laptop to take notes, set reminders, log medical information and share it with others.
- Unfrazzle: provides mobile task management and coordination for family caregivers – easy tracking and alert of day-to-day tasks and staying in touch with co-caregivers.